Juris Doctor (Licensed only in NJ, PA, FL)
Mr. McCarty graduated from Rutgers University in 1983 with a B.S. in Economics and received his J.D. from Syracuse University School of Law in 1986. He clerked for Judge Gaynor of the New Jersey Superior Court, Appellate Division, 1986-1987. In 1987 Bill joined Mason, Griffin and Pierson as a real estate and litigation associate. In 1990 Mr. McCarty was named pro bono attorney of the year by the New Jersey State Bar and Legal Services Corp. of New Jersey for his development of new consumer law to protect car buyers from over reaching car finance companies.
That same year he started his own general practice law firm, William H. McCarty, Jr., Esq., PA in Princeton, New Jersey. In 1995 he moved to Weston, Florida and partnered with Oppenheim Law from 1996 to 2011 practicing real estate, corporate, and consumer law. Mr. McCarty joined Purnell, McKennett & Menke, PC in 2012 specializing in real estate, corporate law, mortgage foreclosure defense and consumer law.
He lives in Bristow, VA with his wife and two children and the family is active in the biking, swimming, hiking and scouting communities. The family vacationed this past summer by biking the C & O Canal and Great Allegheny Passage bike trail. Bill is a board member of the Prince William County Trails and Streams Coalition, an Assistant Scout Master with Scout Troop 671, a High School swim official and is a public speaker, volunteer fundraiser for Capital Hospice of Northern Virginia.
William H. McCarty, Jr. (of Counsel)
Purnell, McKennett & Menke, PC
9214 Center Street, Suite 101
Manassas, VA 20110
Fax (703) 361-0092
- Small Business Representation
- Corporate/LLC formation and representation
- Small Business acquisitions and sales
- Contract drafting and review
- Business litigation
- Shareholder agreements
- Buy-sell agreements
- Construction and Property Litigation
- Homeowner/Condominium Association Law
- Seven (7) year condo president
- Represent Developers
- Prepared numerous association governing documents
- Representation of homeowners vs. overreaching associations
- Commercial and Residential – Landlord / Tenant Litigation
- Consumer Law
- Fair Debt Collection
- Unfair and Deceptive Trade Practices
- Automobile Lemon Law
- Truth in Lending
- Residential Real Estate Transactions and Litigation
- Foreclosure Defense including:
- Refinance and Purchase Settlements-Assist clients through Refinance and Purchase transactions.
- Loan Modification-Assist clients in modifying their mortgage loans to make them more affordable and prevent foreclosure.
- Foreclosure Assistance-Assist clients in halting foreclosure proceedings until a modification can be obtained. Also review documentation to verify that all steps in the foreclosure process have been followed.
- Foreclosure Actions-Act as trustees for Banks and initiate foreclosure proceedings.
- Real Estate Contract Review and Formation-Draft Real Estate contracts as well as review proposed contracts before acceptance.
- Representation in FSBO Transactions-Represent Sellers in For-Sale-By-Owner transactions. Review offers and provide advice.
- Lease Formation-Draft residential leases to client specifications.
- Deed Preparation-Draft Deeds for sale transactions or for simple ownership changes.
- Litigation-Initiate and defend clients as a result of mistakes made during residential real estate transactions, such as faulty appraisals and non-compliance with real estate contracts.
- State of New Jersey – 1986
- Federal District of New Jersey – 1986
- State of Pennsylvania – 1986
- Federal Eastern District of Pennsylvania – 1987
- State of Florida – 1996
- Federal Southern District of Florida – 1997
- J.D. 1986 – Syracuse University, College of Law, Syracuse, New York
- B.A. 1983 – Rutgers College, Rutgers University, New Brunswick, New Jersey
- Florida Bar Association
- New Jersey Bar Association