Tim Purnell is a graduate of Baylor University School of Law. Mr. Purnell is licensed to practice law in both Virginia and Texas and before numerous federal Districts and the United States Supreme Court.
Despite a history of international businesses, project development and extensive Federal Court litigations in Colorado, Michigan, Texas, and Virginia, Mr. Purnell now focuses his practice in Northern Virginia and primarily in Prince William County and the City of Manassas.
Tim counsels business clients in matters of corporate formation and continuing representation, small business acquisitions and sales, contract drafting and review, shareholder agreements, and buy-sell agreements. He also prosecutes and defends litigation matters for his clients. His real estate services include contract review and drafting, commercial lease drafting and review, corporate landlord / tenant negotiations and litigation, and mechanic lien filing and enforcement.
Before merging with his current firm in 2002, Tim maintained a successful solo practice in Manassas. Prior to settling in Virginia, Tim lived and worked in Ulaan Baatar, Mongolia, serving as advisor to the Mongolian Parliament’s Standing Committee on Legal Affairs, and was a guest lecturer on U.S. Administrative Procedure at the Mongolian National Law School.
Tim lives in Manassas with his wife and four daughters and is active in his church, officiates both USA and High School swimming, and relaxes in his vegetable garden and by reading.
Timothy M. Purnell, Esq.
Purnell, McKennett & Menke, PC
9214 Center Street, Suite 101
Manassas, VA 20110
Fax (703) 361-0092
- Small Business Representation
- Corporate/LLC formation and representation
- Small Business acquisitions and sales
- Contract drafting and review
- Business litigation
- Shareholder agreements
- Buy-sell agreements
- Real Estate Services – Civil Litigation
- Contract review and drafting
- Commercial lease drafting and review
- Corporate landlord/ tenant negotiations and litigation
- Mechanic Lien filing and enforcement
- Wills and Estates
United States District Court for Eastern District of Virginia. (1999)
U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the Eastern District of Virginia. (1999)
United States Supreme Court. (1998)
United States District Court for the District of Colorado. (1998)
United States District Court for the Western District of Michigan. (1997)
Virginia State Bar. Qualified to practice in all state courts. (1997)
United States District Court for the Northern and Eastern Districts of Texas (1990)
State Bar of Texas. Qualified to practice in all state courts. (1986)
- Merged practice to form Coon, Johnston & Purnell in 2002 (Now Purnell, McKennett & Menke, PC)
- Extensive trial experience throughout Northern Virginia
(Alexandria, Arlington, Culpeper, Fairfax, Fauquier, Loudoun, Madison, Orange and Prince William counties)
- Extensive Federal Court experience (Colorado, Michigan, Texas and Virginia)
- Advisor to Standing Committee on Legal Affairs, Parliament, Ulaanbaatar, Republic of Mongolia (1994-1996)
- Lecturer in Agency and Partnership, Northern Virginia School of Law, Alexandria, Virginia (1992)
- Guest lecturer in U.S. Administrative Procedure, Mongolian National Law School, Ulaanbaatar, Republic of Mongolia (1995)
- Published in Texas Bar Journal (“Fishing by Trial, an Error,” Dec. 1989)
- Baylor University (B.A. 1982)
- Baylor University Law School (J.D. 1985)
- Order of Barristers (1983)
- Virginia State Bar Association
- Prince William County Bar Association
- State Bar of Texas
- North East Texas Bar Association
- Wood County Bar Association
- Christian Legal Society
- Advocates International